LONE STAR FOWL BOYS GUIDE FOR WHAT TO BRING
Here is a Small List of Items we suggest to help make your hunt more memorable.
- Waterfowl Game Tote/ Duck Strap Game Carrier
- Camo Mask or Camo Face Paint
- YOUR SIGNED RELEASE FORM: Must bring with you the day of the hunt: CLICK HERE for Release Form
- Watch the Videos on this page about Laws, Tagging and Cleaning your Birds.
It’s the responsibility of each hunter to know and follow all the federal migratory bird hunting laws, We will have Toe Tags for you at each hunt.
- Chestwaders are recommended
- Shotgun – 12 Gauge recommended
- Headlight / Headlamp
- Waterproof Hunting Camo Jacket
- Waterproof Gloves
- Warm, Dry, Camouflage Clothing
- Shells – Steel Shot #2 or Larger
- Texas Hunting License / Federal Duck Stamp
- Bug Spray / Deep Woods Off (Early Teal Season Hunts – Mesquitoes are bad in September)
What is your cancellation policy?
A 50% (NON REFUNDABLE) deposit is required at the time of booking. When you book a date we end up turning away other customers that may have also wanted that date. As such, deposits are non refundable. (2 Hunter Minimum on all Hunts)
**Dates are not secure until your deposit has been paid. **
Early Season Teal Hunting with Lone Star Fowl Boys
Cleaning Ducks – Leaving the Wing Attached
Cleaning Ducks and Waterfowl – Leaving the Wing Attached to transport birds. From the field to your home, waterfowl needs either 1 wing attached or a head attached to identify the ducks.
WATERFOWL HUNTING LAWS AND TIPS / TAGGING YOUR DUCKS
DOVE HUNTING SEASON TEXAS
Central Zone Zone Map
Regular Season Sep 1 – Oct 29, 2023 Second Half: Dec. 15, 2023 – Jan. 14, 2024
Daily Limit 15 white-winged, mourning and white-tipped doves in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 white-tipped. Possession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
EARLY TEAL SEASON: TEXAS Statewide
Daily Bag Limit 6
DUCK HUNTING SEASON TEXAS
- 6 – includes mergansers
- Includes no more than:
- 5 mallards (only two of which may be hens)
- 3 wood ducks
- 2 redheads
- 2 canvasback
- 1 scaup
- 1 pintail
- 1 “dusky” duck (mottled duck, Mexican-like duck, black duck and their hybrids are closed the first five days of the season in each zone)
- All other species not listed: 6
One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
Fishing and Hunting Texas with the Lonestar Fowl Boys – Texas Duck Hunting Guide Servive