LONE STAR FOWL BOYS GUIDE FOR WHAT TO BRING
Here is a Small List of Items we suggest to help make your hunt more memorable.
- Waterfowl Game Tote/ Duck Strap Game Carrier
- Camo Mask or Camo Face Paint
- YOUR SIGNED RELEASE FORM: Must bring with you the day of the hunt: CLICK HERE for Release Form
- Watch the Videos on this page about Laws, Tagging and Cleaning your Birds. We will have Toe Tags for you at each hunt.
- Chestwaders are recommended
- Shotgun – 12 Gauge recommended
- Headlight / Headlamp
- Waterproof Hunting Camo Jacket
- Waterproof Gloves
- Warm, Dry, Camouflage Clothing
- Shells – Steel Shot #2 or Larger
- Texas Hunting License / Federal Duck Stamp
- Bug Spray / Deep Woods Off (Early Teal Season Hunts – Mesquitoes are bad in September)
What is your cancellation policy?
A 50% (NON REFUNDABLE) deposit is required at the time of booking. When you book a date we end up turning away other customers that may have also wanted that date. As such, deposits are non refundable. (2 Hunter Minimum on all Hunts)
**Dates are not secure until your deposit has been paid. **
Cleaning Ducks – Leaving the Wing Attached
Cleaning Ducks and Waterfowl – Leaving the Wing Attached to transport birds. From the field to your home, waterfowl needs either 1 wing attached or a head attached to identify the ducks.
WATERFOWL HUNTING LAWS AND TIPS / TAGGING YOUR DUCKS
DOVE HUNTING SEASON TEXAS
Central Zone Zone Map
Regular Season Sep 1 – Nov 12, 2021 Second Half: Dec. 17, 2021 – Jan. 2, 2022
Daily Limit 15 white-winged, mourning and white-tipped doves in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 white-tipped. Possession Limit Three times the daily bag limit
EARLY TEAL SEASON: TEXAS Statewide
Daily Bag Limit 6
DUCK HUNTING SEASON TEXAS
Including no more than: 5 mallards (only two may be hens), 3 wood ducks, 2 redheads, 2 canvasback, 1 scaup, 1 pintail and 1 “dusky” duck (Mottled duck, Mexican like duck, black duck and their hybrids) 2 hooded mergansers. For all other species not listed, the bag limit shall be 6. The season for “dusky” ducks is closed the first five days of the season in each zone. Merganser Daily Bag Limit 5 in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 hooded mergansers.
One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
Fishing and Hunting Texas with the Lonestar Fowl Boys – Texas Duck Hunting Guide Servive